RV Salvage Yards are places where people can purchase used and salvaged recreational vehicles (RVs). These yards provide a way to find parts, components, and accessories to repair or restore an RV.
RV Salvage Yards can provide advice and guidance on how to properly maintain an RV. These include RV windows, doors, interior and exterior trim, plumbing fixtures, engines, transmissions, and other mechanical parts.
In addition, they often carry a variety of RV camping and recreational supplies, such as tents, sleeping bags, camping chairs, grills, and other camping equipment.
Benefits of RV Salvage Yard
- Cost Savings: One of the most attractive benefits of the RV salvage yard is the significant cost savings that can be realized when compared to buying new parts or even used parts from other sources.
- Variety: Another benefit of the RV salvage yard is the variety of parts that can be found. From engines and transmissions to furniture, flooring, and other interior parts, you can often find exactly what you need from a salvage yard.
- Time Savings: Shopping for parts at a salvage yard can save you a lot of time, as you can usually find what you need in one location. This is especially helpful if you are in a rush or if you need a rare part that may be difficult to find elsewhere.
- Environmentally Friendly: By salvaging parts from RVs, you are also helping to reduce waste and keep unwanted RV parts out of landfills. This is a great way to be environmentally conscious while also getting the parts you need.
Types of Parts Available at an RV Salvage Yard
- Appliances: Refrigerators, stoves, dishwashers, microwaves, and air conditioners.
- Exterior Components: Awnings, siding, windows, doors, and trim.
- Interior Components: Furniture, cabinets, flooring, and countertops.
- Electrical Components: Batteries, wiring, switches, and outlets.
- Chassis Parts: Axles, wheels, tires, brakes, and suspension components.
- Plumbing Components: Pipes, fittings, fixtures, and tanks.
- Accessories: Decorations, mirrors, televisions, radios, and generators.
How to Find an RV Salvage Yard Near You?
If you’re looking for an RV salvage yard near you, there are a few ways to go about it. The best way is to search online for “RV salvage yards near me” or something similar. You can also contact RV dealerships in your area to see if they know of any nearby salvage yards. Additionally, you can reach out to RV organizations such as the Recreational Vehicle Dealers Association (RVDA) to ask for referrals. Finally, you can check classifieds and local publications for RV salvage yards that may be in your area.
Tips for Shopping at an RV Salvage Yard
- Make a List: Before you visit the RV salvage yard, make a list of the parts and supplies you will need for your RV, including the model and year of the RV so you can easily find compatible parts.
- Ask Questions: Ask the staff at the RV salvage yard about the condition of the parts, the return policy, and any warranties.
- Inspect Thoroughly: Before making a purchase, inspect the part or supply to make sure it is in good condition and free of damage.
- Make Sure It Fits: Make sure the part or supply you’re buying is compatible with your RV’s make and model.
- Bring the Right Tools: Bring the tools you’ll need to install the part or supply, such as wrenches and screwdrivers.
- Take Your Time: Don’t rush your purchase. Take your time to look through the salvage yard and compare prices to get the best deal.
Advantages of Buying Used Parts at an RV Salvage Yard
- Cost Savings: Used parts are typically much less expensive than brand-new parts, making them a great option for those on a budget.
- Quality: Used parts are often of higher quality than lower-priced new parts.
- Availability: Salvage yards often have parts that are hard to find elsewhere.
- Environmentally Friendly: Buying used parts helps to reduce waste and keep parts out of landfills.
- Knowledgeable Staff: Salvage yards often have knowledgeable staff who can help customers find the right part for their RV.